Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Reading for Treasure: McSweeny’s Edition


-->
Reading for Treasure is my list of articles that are worth your attention. Click here for an introduction!

Recently, friends have been posting some magnificent pieces of humor from McSweeny’s. Here are five that are quick and wonderful reads that, if they don’t bring a smile to your face, something is seriously wrong with you.

The Giving Tree Gets Real: I have never been a fan of the Silverstein’s The Giving Tree. It always seemed like an ode to enabling to me. In this parody, the tree gets her say!

This Is Your Last Fucking Chance To Show Interest In Attending Our University: I wish that colleges did send kids emails like this. Nonetheless, I think they get this message anyway.

Lines From The Princess Bride That Double As Comments On Freshman Composition Papers: I have taught The Princess Bride to freshman English students. This is a quick and witty read. Comments?

How To Log In To The Student Portal: Anyone whose child goes to a school with some kind of online grade book or account system must read this wonderful set of instructions!

More Honest Latin Mottoes For Your Overrated University: While I like the Latin motto for my alma mater, I found these to be wonderful statement about what really happens in college.

I am currently reading Scythe by Neal Shusterman

No comments: